RTDNA envisions an America in which the press is able to hold the powerful to account, shine a light on corruption and act a catalyst for positive change in local communities without denial of access, undue restriction, or fear of attack. RTDNA and our sister foundation stand for all aspects of the First Amendment, particularly the freedom of the press. As the educational arm of RTDNA, the Radio Television Digital News Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, aims to ensure that the broadcast and digital news profession remains a critical part of our nation’s free press for generations to come. RTDNF provides training on what journalists can do legally and should do ethically as it:
- Supports U.S. First Amendment rights, worldwide press freedom and the public’s right to know.
- Promotes discussion of ethics and integrity in news coverage.
- Develops leadership skills among news professionals and sound management practices in news organizations.
- Encourages diversity in news organizations and in news coverage.
- Assesses the impact of technological change on the news industry.
- Fosters exchanges of ideas and perspectives at the local, national and international levels
We are grateful for the many contributions we receive each year from individuals like you, which have enabled RTDNF to work for journalists, including:
- More than 500 student journalists who have received one of the Foundation’s scholarships
- More than 1,000 broadcast journalists who have participated in the RIAS program, our unique transatlantic exchange for US and German professionals.
- Countless newsroom leaders who have benefited from RTDNF’s education and training
We thank you for your support, and for spreading the word about the mission of the Foundation.
Thank you to all the friends of the First Amendment who have helped RTDNF support responsible journalism so far this year, including 28 members of the Oldfield Founders Circle, who are ensuring the future of journalism by building RTDNF’s Endowment.
We don’t know what threats press freedom will face in the years to come, but RTDNF is setting aside funding to ensure journalists can pursue the constitutional duty to seek and report truth in perpetuity. While gifts to the RTDNF General Fund assist the Foundation in training journalists today, the supporting Permanent Endowment Fund ensures journalists will be protected for years to come. Make your gift today.
Updated on 2018-12-10T16:58:13+00:00, by .